Every year, producers, agricultural associations, corporations, universities, government agencies and countless others across America join together to recognize the contributions of agriculture.
A Celebration of Modern Agriculture on the National Mall
The expo features 32 leading agricultural businesses, associations, cooperatives and organizations around the national mall who are available to the public. Open on both March 21 and 22 from 9 am to 5 pm.
2022 Ag & Food Policy Summit:
Laying the groundwork for the next farm bill
March 21 beginning at 8 am ET – SUMMIT AGENDA & BIOS
The COVID-19 pandemic upended the farm to fork supply chain in numerous, unprecedented ways; causing tremendous price volatility and disruptions in food production, processing and distribution. But throughout this economic rollercoaster, the federal government offered a lifeline: A mix of billions in federal payments, food purchases and donations kept the majority of U.S. farmers and ranchers in business. Now what?
With land prices skyrocketing and commodity prices once again on the upswing, policymakers will start drafting a new farm bill for 2023, armed with lessons learned from COVID-19 and eager to embrace future challenges like climate change, risk management and food security for those most in need. At the same time, members of Congress will have their eyes on mid-term elections in 2022, where control of the House and Senate will be in play.
Agri-Pulse will explore the policies and politics under consideration with leading experts, members of Congress and administration officials on March 21, 2022. Save the date and plan to join us in person at the National Press Club or virtually for a full day of programming during the 2022 Agri-Pulse Food & Ag Policy Summit. The event will be followed by an Agri-Pulse Customer Appreciation reception.
Featured speakers include:
Topics covered include
GLOBAL AND DOMESTIC FACTORS DRIVING FARM PRODUCTION AND FOOD DEMAND
- Nick Fereday, executive director food & consumer trends, Rabobank
TOP POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC FACTORS INFLUENCING THE NEXT FARM BILL
- Randy Russell, president, The Russell Group
- Chuck Conner, CEO, National Council of Farmer Cooperatives (NCFC)
- Kathryn Unger, vice president North America government relations, Cargill
WHAT DO FOOD COMPANIES WANT IN THE NEXT FARM BILL?
- Chris Adamo, vice president Governmental Affairs, Policy & Partnerships, Danone North America
- Matt Dillon, chief sustainability officer, Farmer Focus
- Aubrey Bettencourt, president and CEO, Almond Alliance of California
- Dan Christenson, senior director for government affairs, PepsiCo
LESSONS LEARNED FROM PAST FARM BILLS
- Former Senate Ag Committee Chairman Pat Roberts, R-Kan.
- Former House Ag Committee Chairman Collin Peterson, D-Minn.
A CLOSER LOOK AT NEW INNOVATIONS IN CONSERVATION
- Lynn Tjeerdsma, conservation and farm bill advisor
- Melinda Cep, Ph.D., vice president for natural solutions and working lands, National Audubon Society
- Dan Yeoman, managing director, Soil and Water Outcomes Fund, and CEO, ReHarvest
- Jonathan Coppess, assistant professor, University of Illinois
- Ryan Taylor, director of public policy, Ducks Unlimited
THE FUTURE OF RISK MANAGEMENT AND DISASTER PROGRAMS
- Tom Zacharias, Ph.D., president, National Crop Insurance Services (NCIS)
- Zippy Duvall, president, American Farm Bureau Federation (AFBF)
- Nicole Berg, president, National Association of Wheat Growers (NAWG)
- Kam Quarles, CEO, National Potato Council
WHY RURAL AMERICA NEEDS FARM BILL NUTRITION PROGRAMS
- Ellen Vollinger, SNAP director, Food Research & Action Center (FRAC)
- Rob Larew, president, National Farmers Union (NFU)
- Roger Szemraj, principal, OFW Law
March 22 beginning at 10 am
Secretary Vilsack will be speaking at the Live AgDay Celebration on the National Mall at 12:45 ET. For those who are unable to attend in DC, you can register for the Virtual Celebration here. This event will be available from 10 to 11 am Central on March 22nd. Here’s what’s scheduled:
- Welcome from Ag Day Chair Amy Bradford
- NASDA & Ag Day -Sharing the On-Farm Sustainability Story
- Ag Day Essay Winners
- Details on grassroots efforts
- Tributes to agriculture
- Outstanding Young Farmer Address
- and more!