Enter the Joy of Unity
There is a new song arising! Can you hear it? It is deep within and longing to rise from a sacred place of silent hope to be a sound that will pierce the darkness. There is a new song arising!
This new song will not be sung exclusively by a black chorus, a white ensemble, a Latino band, or an Asian soloist. No! This new song will be sung by a multi-ethnic, multi-generational, kingdom-culture choir washed in the blood of the Lamb. A church united.
But rest assured, this song rises not out of programmed promptings or emotional exuberance, but rather out of the depths, out of the leading of God’s spirit at work in the hearts of surrendered men and women. It is not born out of hype but rather of hope.
It is time to sing a new song! The new song reminds us of our identity. So who are we? We must respond with clarity, conviction, and courage and affirm the following:
- We are the light of the world (Matthew 5:14)
- We are a city on a hill (Matthew 5:14)
- We are a people of the Word (Matthew 4:4)
- We are the salt of the earth (Matthre 5:13)
- We are prophetic and not pathetic
- We are disciples, witnesses, and Christ followers (Matthew 28:16-20)
- We are children of the cross (Romans 8:17), fruit of the empty tomb (John 12:24), and products of the upper room (Acts 2)
- We are the redeemed of the Lord (Psalm 107:2)
- We are forgiven, free, and favored (Galatians 5:1)
- We are called and chosen (1 Peter 2:9)
- We are warriors and worshippers (Psalm 144:1)
We are not first and foremost brown, black, white, or yellow, Hispanic, Charismatic, Pentecostal, or reformed.
We are above all the born-again, blood-washed, Spirit-empowered children of the Living God.
Feed the Fire: If there’s anything the devil fears, it’s a united Church. While hell divides, heaven unites. Do you truly desire unity?